Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fairies and Cameras










Top: Vintage
Jeans: Delia's 
Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Famous Footwear (?)
Necklace: Old Navy

But anyway, remember that little game we played last time? Where we ignored the crappy photo quality? Well, you guys know that's my favorite game to play, so we'll play it again! I seriously thought I had gotten a good batch this time, but...then somehow they got weird in the editing process. These auto-timer pictures are a little different than the last because in the meantime, I have learned about setting an object of focus! Yeah I know that was probably a little obvious. Somehow I missed it though...that should tell you something about me and that camera! So next time, I'm going to try the suggestion given to me by Chic on the Cheap of changing the ISO setting to 100 or 200. It's actually a bit of a miracle that I know what that is. So I'll update you on that one! Right now, I think this is the score: 

Auto-Timer: 2

Charlotte: 0

Humph. 

But about the outfit. I'm kind of convinced that little fairies plant whatever item I'm currently wanting somewhere for me to find it. It's happened a couple of times now. Creepy. But yeah, that was what happened with this sweater! And the belt as well, but that happened a year ago. I was loving the combinations of black and brown that I've been seeing lately over at Rule Breaking Monday and the idea of those two in a sweater even more! So when I found this sweater I got very excited. I wanted to add something a little more interesting to the outfit though, which is why I added the belt, necklace, and shoes. With all of these, I wanted to play with color and angles--hence the orange necklace, pink shoes, and if you can tell, the belt buckle that's off to the side. It's not my all time favorite outfit, but it's growing on me. 

Oh, and the pink tassel is the back of the necklace where a clasp usually would be. I think it looks really cool, so I wanted to show that (see the second to last picture). 

Oh, and if you guys have noticed, we've been messing around a bit with watermarking our photos. And these I think are the best ones so far. You want to know the sad part? I did the watermarks on this set with Gimp. You know, the free, fake Photoshop. Yup. I like it so much better than the ones that I used Photoshop on. Is that sad? But here's my opinion: Photoshop is fabulous for actual editing. Gimp is great for watermarks.

What do you guys think?

-Charlotte 

1 comment:

  1. I love the nude/black sweater! It looks great with the coral necklace too.

    I'm following you- maybe you could check out my blog and follow me too? thanks!

    caseofcait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...