Monday, March 7, 2011

Wearing My Hearts on My Sleeve

hearts1

hearts2

hearts3

hearts4

hearts5

hearts6

Skirt: Thrifted
Sweater: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Necklace: Target

so, as i'm sure you can all tell, these shoes are slightly too small for my feet. just slightly though. and even though my poor little toes scream for freedom whenever i wear them, they're just too cute to NOT wear. so my toes had to suffer while i went around dressed well. but remember, beauty is pain.
so today kids, we're going to talk about an issue that has been bothering me for a while.
*Please remember that this is my personal opinion and in no way reflects Charlotte's, the blog's, or my mother's views on this topic.*
and so, i guess i'll just dive in, lovies. i'm sure you all have heard of the model andrej pejic and how he's the "Next Big Thing!" i for one, think that it is sad when a guy can model womens' clothing, and look as good in them. has our society really gotten to where we can't appreciate women with curves? have we gotten to where we will have men design the clothes, take the photographs, AND model them as well?!?!?!?!?!?
okay, sorry, im off my soapbox now, i wont yell anymore. it just makes me really angry that as a self-proclaimed curvy girl, the fashion industry prefers the emaciated, half-dead people to NORMAL PEOPLE.
okay, i really am done now. im going to go and have a nice soothing cup of tea. and since i missed musical monday, here's a music video:



-Blythe
(btw, for anyone who cares, this music video is one of my favorites. i mean, whats not to like? hot british guys with blue hair, good music, hot british guys with red hair....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...