Friday, June 24, 2011

FBFF: Blogger Lens

Wow it's been a while since we posted FBFF questions! We kept dropping the ball and forgetting, but I finally remembered today! FBFF is put together by the lovely Katy of Modly Chic, a fabulous blog you should definitely check out. But without further ado: 


1. Since you began blogging, do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
I think I've gotten more confident in my style choices, but I think it's also refined my style. I've realized that solids aren't really my thing, at least in shirts, and so I know it'd be a waste of money to buy them--I already have some but rarely use them to style outfits for the blog or wear them in outfits not posted, so why buy more? Putting together outfits that I know I'm going to post makes me more aware of the pieces in my closet that I keep including over and over. So with that in mind, I think I now have a better sense of what I'll wear a lot and so gravitate towards those more while shopping. Blogging also shows me the colors that I wear all the time, and I've realized my closet is mostly in dark colors, so when shopping now, I try to buy more bright colors. 


2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
This is kind of difficult for me to answer, as I can't exactly wear what I'd always like to in every day life. But I think my style is pretty unique among my circle of friends. We all have quite different styles, including my family, but sometimes they overlap. However, my brother, has commented on that before--when I first started, he told me once that sometimes he thinks my outfits are grandma-y (???) but then the other day when I showed off the red jeans I'd bought, he was a bit jealous that I'd beat him to it. HA. 


3. What's the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren't bold enough to wear it? 
I'm not really sure how to answer this...I can't really think of any seriously weird fashion things. UM. I do really like kimono jackets actually, so maybe that counts! I can't see myself wearing that in the near future though. 


4. Looking at current trends - what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? 
Hmm...another difficult question. I guess colored jeans are a bit of a leap for me at this point. I've been thinking a lot lately about how to style the red jeans I got (on sale!! oh yeah!) while still making them me. So I guess I will need a bit of courage to try those out. 


5. Toot someone's horn - what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? 
Huh. This is also difficult. I think Jane has always inspired me, even if she wears things I wouldn't. I'm always impressed by how she styles things and can pull off things I would write off as unwearable--such as a multicolored neon faux fur stole. Blythe's style actually inspires me a lot, as well (one of the reasons I asked her to do this blog with me when I got the idea last year). I'd give specific examples, but all I can think of right now are ones she didn't post--anyway, we've been friends since about fourth grade and I can remember all kinds of things she's worn that I was impressed with, not only because she wore them but also because she wore them with confidence. 


To check out other bloggers' answers to these questions, click here


-Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Totally still trying to find a pair of coloured jeans for the summer - would like some green ones I think :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...