Monday, November 8, 2010

Books, Books and More Books





















Too bad we can't use this dictionary yet!


Blythe: 
Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: Steve Madden (thrifted)
Necklace: Vintage


Charlotte: 
Shirt: New York
Jeans: Delia's
Scarf: Handed down (Germany?)
Jacket: Charlotte Russe (with custom buttons)
Buttons: Fabric store

Sorry for the odd yellow tone in all the pictures. The lighting was a little odd in the room we were shooting in. This shoot was in our local bookstore and the lighting is not that good.
But anyways, onto the outfits!
Blythe: I was so excited when I found these shoes! I had just picked them up absentmindedly at the thrift store because I thought they were cute and then looked at the label out of habit. STEVE MADDEN! And they were priced at $8.95. I thought that they were a gift from heaven. Those were my most exciting thrift store find this weekend. The dress, I picked it up because I've been looking for something that's leopard print and this kind of just popped out at me. I'm thinking about hemming it to where it's just above my knee, but I'm not sure. The necklace is something that I've had for a while, I've just never gotten around to wearing it. It has all sorts of useful things on there, a compass that doesn't point north, one of those old fashioned seal stamp things, and a locket. And it just looks cool.

Charlotte: I wasn't as dressed up as Blythe was, so this is kind of a causal weekend look for me. The scarf was made by a friend of the family and it's definitely one of my favorites. You can't really see it in these pictures, but there is a small line of gold thread that goes along with the checked boxes, which is probably what I love best. I'm very happy with how the new buttons on my jacket turned out, though! Before, there were just these flat, metal buttons. Cute, but nothing special. So when I was at the fabric store I found these and thought they would be perfect! Especially since they have the "paint splatters." In any event, I like that they make my jacket different from the rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...