Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maxed Layers













Dress: recycled
Cardigan: Gap
Leather Jacket: Target
Shoes: Francesca's 
Jewelry: Gift Store

So, just like I promised: here is fall outfit post! I guess this dress is really technically a summer dress, but with my cardigan and jacket I was plenty warm! I got this dress two weeks back or so. Blythe and I were poking around some local boutiques and I found this dress in one of our favorites! I don't think either one of us had actually bought anything there before. It's not super expensive, but it's still a bit above our budgets. That's why I was so excited to find this dress! In the back they have a vintage and resale section, which is where I found this dress. I really love the pattern, especially since it's something that I don't think I've ever seen on fabric before and the fit is really good! Maxi dresses usually aren't the best for me to wear, but I think this one works out pretty well! The fabric itself is pretty awesome as well. Soft and machine washable! The only thing I don't really like about this dress is that you need to wear a cami under it. I'm not really a big fan of peak-a-boo camis (I think I got that phrase from a "Cathy's" comic strip), but I decided to make an exception. All in all, it's quite a steal for $11. 

The other part to my promise was that I would be playing around with Photoshop, and so the pictures above are my second attempt in a about a year or two. I tried following a tutorial at first, but it didn't work out so well, so instead I modified it a bit to get what I wanted. I think they turned out pretty well for not having used Photoshop in a long time, so I'm happy with them. I wouldn't mind some improvement though, as I keep using Photoshop. 

Hope you all had a good Saturday!
-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...