Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Experiments Are Step One

















Green Button-down: TJ Maxx
Jeans: Delia's
Scarf: Vintage
Belt: Vintage 
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Bracelets: Gifted/From a small gift shop 

Sorry for the massive amounts of pictures, guys. I had a hard time cutting them down. This was a totally experimental outfit and there were a lot of details I wanted to show. What I was mostly unsure about in this outfit was the combination of green and orange, though I think it worked out pretty well. This outfit was really a step out of my comfort zone for me, but I do like how it looks. Breaking up the orange and green with the scarf and the belt (if you see two different ones in these pictures it's because I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted to wear so I took pictures with both) I think really helped the outfit seem a lot more "me." I was actually pretty doubtful about how this outfit would turn out (I asked Blythe's opinion about the colors at least twice), but I think that stepping out of one's comfort zone is the best way to find more uses for a closet, as this little experiment has helped my wardrobe block. 

For the setting of this shoot, I found a cool little white, painted wooden ledge underneath a sloped ceiling. But just as we were about to start taking pictures, I found this leopard print blanket that I felt would add something interesting. So, I made it the backdrop and I'm really glad I did!  

I'm probably going to continue trying to create more outfits like this one to get the most out of the clothes that I have. Hopefully this experimenting with my closet will also help me know what I'm looking for when I do get the chance to go shopping. I guess that makes the experimenting Step One to overcoming wardrobe block. Please let me know what you think about this outfit, and if anyone has any other suggestions for overcoming wardrobe block please share! Thanks! 

-Charlotte 

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you belted the green button down! Its a great idea.

    -Caitlin
    caseofcait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm kind of addicted to belting stuff! It pulls things together really well!

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...