Saturday, December 11, 2010

Late Night DIY Dreams


For the image sources, click the first image. 

Long time, no see, guys! Things have been hectic! 

Anyway, this is the Free People Rise and Shine Button Down Shirt, and I love it. I love Free People in general, actually, but that's kind of a different story. Anyway, there's no way I'm going to buy this shirt, (it is on sale, but still). This is especially true since it's almost Christmas and soon I'll be buying/making presents so that's where my money's going at this point (I know, I know. I STILL haven't done my Christmas shopping. It's getting late and I'm still trying to figure out what to get my brother. Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated!). So, the solution is: DIY!! I'm actually pretty excited about this one because it seems relatively easy. We mentioned in another post that we were trying to figure out a way to DIY a fur vest, and we're still working on that one. But this might be a good starter project to get back into sewing again! I used to be super obsessed with embroidering stuff and making pillows when I was younger, so I do know the basics. Even so, I have yet to make some clothes, so I can't wait to get started! The only thing I don't know if I'll be able to replicate is the slouchy sleeve. And if you remember my Casual Friday and The Colors Are Everything posts, I LOVE a slouchy sleeve. So hopefully I can find a button down with those sleeves, but if not, I guess I'll have to live. 

Have a good weekend, guys!

-Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...