Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweats and Heels













Sweats: TJ Maxx
Heels: DSW Clearance
Coat: Delia's 
Jacket: JC Penney's 
Tank: Target

So we are all going to ignore these awkward poses. There was a bit of miscommunication with my photographer and so there were very few full outfit shots to pick from. Thanks!

Sorry things have been a little quiet here, and that this post will be a bit brief. Life's been a tad crazy!


But anyway, I really loved this outfit when I saw it on AfterDrk (see the post here). I've always thought that sweats are, and always will be, casual wear and that there is no way to dress them up. Then I saw this post and I realized I had been completely wrong! I really love the way that this looks formal, but without looking stuffy, and that it's a great new take on dressing up!

My outfit is definitely not dressy, but that's not the look I was going for. I wanted a look that would seem clean and put together without looking sloppy by wearing the sweats. My inspiration was for a dressy look, but I wanted to see if I could still use the idea of sweats and heels without looking formal. Because my sweats were normal flare sweats,  to achieve the look in the picture, I rolled them up a bit and tucked them into each other, if that makes any sense. It's difficult to explain without pictures, but it's pretty much the easiest DIY I've ever done. And I really loved the result! 

What do you guys think?

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...