Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ties







Top: C&C California/ Jeans: Delia's/ Shoes: Francesca's/ Scarf: TJ Maxx

25/30 (YAY!)

I suppose I'm getting a little desperate for inspiration to finish up my 30 for 30. Case in point: I did "menswear." Granted, this outfit isn't exactly menswear, but this is my take on it. To explain why this means I'm getting desperate, here's what happened when Blythe found out. We had been walking and she stopped, stood there, and just looked at me like, "You did what now?"

 I've never especially liked menswear inspired looks just because I feel like they can very easily go wrong. So for my take, I didn't want the look to scream masculine. I wanted myself still in it in the hopes that it wouldn't become a total mess. To do that, I took a simple shirt that I love (AH those sleeves!) and tucked it into some semi-high waisted pants, but sort of loosely. Then, because it's me, I added a scarf, but I decided to tie it like a tie! Could you tell? I know it's sort of hard to see, but I like it. AND I learned how to tie a tie. Not bad.

-Charlotte 

2 comments:

  1. Flares look amazing on you and i love your blouse+scarf what a splash of colors!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...