Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Twenties Girl








Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Scarf: Thrifted
Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Shoes: DSW Clearance 

14/30

When these pictures were taken, I was feeling rather stuck with the 30 for 30. Everything I was coming up with seemed the exact same as the outfit before it, and I was using all the same pieces. So I decided to try something new. I know this isn't the exact post that inspired me, but it's one of them. I had seen a few people in the blogosphere wearing tops and skirts without tucking them in, and I felt like it was a trend that could either look great or terrible, which was really intimidating to me. And it's funny that I was even having this conversation with myself, because when I was younger, I used to despise tucked in anything--shirts, pants, you name it. Flash forward to today, and I couldn't imagine not wearing a skirt tucked in. Times have changed, friends. But I decided to try it anyway, and I actually really like it!

 I was also really inspired by this post about decades, and so I decided to dress twenties inspired because not tucking my shirt into my skirt reminded me of the drop waists on twenties dresses (that and I had just finished reading this book. Bonus points for you if you knew why I named this post what I did before you clicked on the link). And because the scarf reminds me of vintage coats, I threw that on too. But as for everything else, I have no logical explanation. I just know it worked, because this is one of my favorite 30 for 30 outfits I've come up with! 

-Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...