Monday, May 30, 2011

What Were They Thinking?




 

 

 

I'm clearly missing something. I've loved looking through Yahoo! Omg's What Were They Thinking? feature for several years now, but lately, something awkward has been happening. I click through the slideshow and can't help but think, "Oh wow that's so cute!" Or, "I'd totally wear that!" Case in point: all of the pictures from this post came from various WWTT slideshows, and I really like them all! Heck, some of them are quite inspirational! I mean, what were THEY thinking, putting these outfits on there? I'm not trying to say that Yahoo! is wrong or that I'm ultimately right, I'm just wondering about this trend that I've noticed. 

Okay so sure, some things aren't styled as well as they could have been, like the last picture. The bob color is a bit frightening. But besides the occasional thing to fix, these outfits really don't seem that bad. I really like all of these, but maybe I'm missing something glaring. If so, please enlighten me. But I can't help but think that I'd see these outfits on some of my favorite bloggers. Maybe there's a gap between the traditional/mass media/commercial idea of what's fashionable and what bloggers think is. 

Back when I first started to read it, I used to agree with everything WWTT claimed was horrible. I know that my style has evolved since then, especially since I've started reading blogs and blogging myself, so I can't help but wonder how much blogs have played a role in this. Do bloggers wear more original things? Are they more daring, more willing to don the unconventional? How much of this is just my own personal taste? Am I alone in this? {okay I just added the last for dramatic affect, but still}. 


What do you guys think? Has something similar happened to you?

-Charlotte 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much! As I was looking through the outfits I kept on saying to myself, "really, they wore THAT!"

    -Styleocity

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...