Monday, July 25, 2011

Musical Monday: Jamaica Farewell

My grandmother first introduced me to Harry Belafonte....oh gosh...I'm not even sure how long ago that was. I think I was back in third grade or so, so yeah, it's been awhile. For some reason, I haven't listened to his music in almost as long. I have no idea why--it's some of my favorite music ever. While there are many songs of his that I love, Jump the Line and this song, Jamaica Farewell, are the two Harry Belafonte songs I love the most. 



The melody is so simple and beautiful, and so are the lyrics, and they tell a sad, but also beautiful story. I hope you like it as much as I do!

-Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...