Monday, August 15, 2011

Musical Monday: Under Cover of Darkness

My (awesome--he told me to write that) brother showed me this song earlier this summer and I've loved it ever since. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I'd never looked up The Strokes before, despite hearing about them hundreds of times, but I'm glad I finally listened to their music. The rest of their songs are okay, in my opinion, but this one is definitely my favorite.




Although the beginning of the official music video is rather odd, and the lyrics make no sense whatsoever, I really love the melody of this song, and all the instrumentals. What stands out to me the most about this song is that it's got a pretty original melody. To me, at least, it doesn't sound like all the other songs out there, or like any of their other songs I've heard. What do you think?

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...