Thursday, December 15, 2011

Edge

004e
Top: Old Navy/ Jeans: local store/ Shoes: UO/ Vest: Germany/ Bag: Payless 

Hey guys! I just wanted to stop by really quick and post this outfit. Things are still crazy crazy since it's finals week, but I'm almost done! All I have to do now is take my German final tomorrow morning and finish my statistics analysis project which is due tomorrow. Which is still quite a bit to do, but school let out early today, so I have a bit more time to get everything done tonight than I have the last few days. 

Anyway, about this outfit. My mom stopped by Old Navy one day and they were having a flash sale, so she scooped this sweater up for me for nine dollars! Woo! Anyway, I love the graphic quality of the black and white together, and how it's a little edgy, especially with red jeans. And I actually wore these jeans to school with my tennis shoes! I'm slowly getting out of my comfort zone. I still don't like wearing skinny jeans with tennis shoes because I feel like it calls attention to them. And there are so many other shoes I'd rather wear, but I need the foot support tennis shoes have. So. But what I really like about this outfit is that it's a little different. My taste has become much more varied over the years, and I like a lot of edgy pieces I didn't a few years ago, but it's hard to add edgy-ness into outfits since I'm allergic to metal and can't wear studded anything. But with the black and white and red, I kinda got that little edge I was looking for that day, which was nice! 

Anyway, I need to go study German articles and run a few chi squared tests (whoo doesn't that sound fun?), but it's almost the break! One more day! I think I already said that in the beginning of this post, but at this point, I'm just really excited. I mean, this week has been so stressful and busy that I'm already tired of the hard work playlist I made over the weekend. It's a good playlist, if I do say so myself, but whoa I've needed it too much lately, so I'm looking forward to doing a lot of nothing. Or at least for a day or two. I still have a project or two over the weekend to do. But getting on Facebook and Tumblr again will be nice. My friends and I had to make a pact to ban ourselves from Tumblr this week (and I added Facebook for myself) so we would have no distractions for finals and I'm so glad we did! I've stayed strong! Mostly because if I break the pact I have to delete my Facebook. Which is a lot of motivation. But actually, it's nice to take a break every once in a while from those two. 

Okay somehow I've managed to make this a super long post. But we just had a lot to catch up on! Oh and what I meant to say in the last paragraph before I got distracted by the beautiful idea of break, was that with the holidays coming up, we've lined up a couple of AMAZING guest posters for next week! I'm so excited! This is the first time we've ever done guest posting and the bloggers who are guest posting are all super amazing! So it's gonna be great!

Okay I'm going to study now. Really. 

-Charlotte
006e
008e

1 comment:

  1. This outfit a creative way to avoid your allergy. I can totally see punk in it! Have you ever thought of looking into metal alternatives? Like plastic that's just painted a matte silver. That was a lame example but my brain can't come up with anything great. haha I can make jewelry, but I rarely know the materials I use! :P

    Have a super awesome break! I look forward to seeing these guest posters! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...