Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wind Chill







Cape: Vintage
Pants: Hollister
Boots: Dillard's
Scarf: Vintage
Sweater: L.L.Bean (yellow) and Eddie Bauer (pink)

I keep finding these vintage treasures hidden away! This one I saved from being thrown out, just by chance actually. I was going for an afternoon in the park but it was going to be very cold, so I wore a knit shirt, two sweaters, mittens, a scarf, and this cape.  It must have been around 50 degrees (Fahrenheit) but what made it really cold was the wind chill. I don't even know what it was with wind chill, but it was really cold. Thankfully though, only my hands and feet were cold. This cape did a fabulous job of keeping me warm, apart from being beautiful and comfortable. Anyway, I was incredibly lucky to find this cape and would be wearing it much more often if the sleeves didn't make it difficult to carry more than my purse (but I suppose that's a flaw of all capes). I still totally love it, and I can't wait to be able to wear it again. 

-Charlotte 

P.S. Sorry the detail picture is a little blurry. I forgot to take a close up of the cape pattern so I just did a close crop. Oh yeah. I also need to apologize for the limited number of pictures from this shoot. It was pretty cold so we were eager to keep moving. This shouldn't become a habit!

Edit: I'd like to add that today we've had our record number of page views, so thanks everyone! Blythe and I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...