Friday, July 1, 2011

FBFF: Outfit Formula

734e

735e

736e
Shirt: Old Navy/ Cami: Gap/ Skirt: Gap/ Shoes: Toms 

1. What's your go-to outfit formula? 

Right now, for summer outfit posts, it's basically what the outfit above is...um and all the most recent outfit posts haha! A dress or skirt and a shirt, flats (usually Toms), and an accessory or something extra, like the patterned cami in this outfit, a patterned scarf...or other lovely patterned things. 

2. How did you come about this formula?

It's so hot right now that skirts and dresses are all I really want to wear. I can't be bothered with long jeans most of the time because I can't bear going outside for the ten/fifteen minutes it takes to shoot pictures in them. Also, I just love dresses and skirts, especially in the summer, so I can't help wearing them! In terms of the part of the formula that includes extra things like a tank or a shirt thrown over a dress, I suppose that came about because I like layers a lot. I'm not always a huge minimalism person, and I always prefer putting together outfits with a bit extra to make them feel like my style. That's a bit hard in the summer, so I've focused on short sleeves, tanks, scarves...light-weight things. 

3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life? 

Oh most definitely. While the formula I mentioned above is my go-to outfit post formula and I love it, it's not one that I can wear all the time. So in the blog (aka: ideal world), it's my go-to look. But outside of that, for the summer, I often wear a shirt and jean shorts (or regular jeans, if I'm going to be inside all day) just because I still don't like wearing skirts and Nikes. 

In terms of other occasions, I feel like I should answer this question in terms of seasons, but mostly, my usual go-to look is jeans and a cute shirt, or a dress/skirt with something else. The only thing that really changes by season is sleeve length and if jackets, cardigans, tights, etc. are included. But my weekend outfit formula is always the same--since I'm taking my summer class online, dare I say I fall into this pattern on a regular basis when I have no where but the Internet to be?--sweats. Oh how I love sweats. 

4. Has it morphed over the years? 

It really has, and thankfully. I'm sad to say that there was a time in my life when my uniform was jeans, a shirt with "Aeropostale" written across it in large letters, and sneakers (by choice, mind you) or flip flops? Maybe some flats if I was feeling adventurous. And that was only three years ago. Things have really changed since then. I used to wear those brand shirts because everyone else did, and I wanted to be cool. Actually, no that's not true. I genuinely liked those shirts. But for a while when I went shopping, I would think of the girls at my school who's style I admired (um Hollister shirts and Old Navy flip flops, anyone?) and ask myself if they would wear it before even thinking about trying it on. Now, I'm thankfully much more self-centered;) Now when I go shopping, it's "Do I love this?" or "How many ways can I wear this?" or "I love this but is it worth the price?" Thankfully my formula has evolved to fit my true style. Finding fashion blogs really helped me discover my style and love for fashion, and so did meeting some people who have fabulous style, and made me realize that I could wear something other than Hollister, Abercrombie..etc. Although I still have some remnants of those days...

Whoa, that got sappy fast. Sorry folks, back on track now. 

5. Which other blogger's outfit formula would you like to swipe? 

Oh that's hard. Seriously, there are so many to pick from. But given my love of layering, I think I'd have to pick Atlantic-Pacific, because I'm obsessed with the way she can combine so many patterns, colors, everything! Or What I Wore. She has the most amazing dresses and styles them in a way that's not too simple for my tastes, but isn't too far out there. 

-Charlotte

737e

738e

740e

For more FBFF, visit the fabulous Katy's blog, Modly Chic, and for other bloggers' answers to these questions, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...