There is one thing in this world that annoys me above all else: hipsters. With their preppy/slightly vintage style and their fake mustaches and their black and white thoughtful photos, they just seem extremely pretentious, while at the same time trying not to look as though they are. So, here is my post on how Not to be a hipster:
But those mustache glasses are pretty awesome. Um, and you can even buy chocolate mustaches. How fun is that?!?
2. Don't pose in your own black and white or over-exposed photographs with a seemingly pensive expression. Please. It's painful to look at for the rest of us.
Although black and white photos are rather lovely. Ask Ansel Adams if you don't believe us.
3. Suspenders. Never, ever, ever, please. Never.
But they can look cute when styled right. Imagine leather ones (like the kid's) and a skirt? Preppy chic, anyone?
4. Stay away from wearing a combination of skinny jeans, toms, and an over-sized sweater. This is hipster to the max.
And also one of Charlotte's favorite outfit combinations.
5. Nerd glasses. This is an unfortunate hipster trend that originated from the newest fad of 3D movies. Example: DIY! How to make your own Nerd GlassesTM: Step 1) Go see a movie in 3D. 2) Go home from the movie. 3) Take out those weird little shade lenses in the glasses. $) Put the glasses on.
TA DA!!!!!!!!! Your very own Nerd GlassesTM!!!!!!!!!!
But such a convenient and simple DIY.
6. Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love Draco Malfoy, but come on people! It's getting just a tiny bit old here, isn't it? Don't bring up Harry Potter at every lull in a conversation and don't be proud of yourself in class for making a Hogwarts reference. It's just sad.
Although Charlotte may or may not be having a Harry Potter marathon.
and finally, 7. NEVER EVER IN YOUR LIFE, GUSH ABOUT BRITISH PEOPLES' ACCENTS. THIS IS ONE OF THE FINAL SIGNS OF SEEING THAT YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE DARK SIDE.
Even though British accents work their way into almost every single conversation of ours. Doctor Who, anyone?
That is all. Well, almost.
-Blythe and Charlotte
*no hipsters were intentionally harmed in the making of this joke-y post*