Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day

008e
001e
005e
Top: Abercrombie/ Jeans: Delia's/ Shoes: Payless/ Scarf: Target

Sooo today was the dreaded day...aka the official end of summer. Sigh. Aka the first day of classes! It was incredibly overwhelming, though, I have to say. I suppose it always is when your teachers tell you the huge essays, oral exams, and projects you'll have to do by the end of the year, and then go on to say that you better be organized and only expect to have one activity outside of class if you want any kind of balanced, sane life whatsoever. You know, the normal, "be prepared to work hard this year" speech. Although I've never gotten one this scary this time. I suppose that's the point of school though: it gets harder as you get older. Should have seen that one coming. 

Anyway, school is also the reason why I'm wearing full length jeans when it's still about 90 degrees outside. See, even though my Spanish class was incredibly hot and then every other class was cold at best, so jeans were necessary. I suppose that this all means it's time to work on my layering skills again, but that's what I've been wanting to do all summer, so this is good!

There's this other thing: last year, I would get into this mode of having to rush out the door and just throwing something on, usually a few specific basic shirts, and I didn't like it. I was in a non-creative rut (of course those weren't the outfits I would post). So this year, I want to try a lot harder: I'm going to try to not repeat an outfit (unless it's seriously necessary--like I accidentily overslept or something) for as long as possible. I'm not going to say all semester or anything because I'm not really sure if I'll be able to do this, so for now, I'll just go with for as long as I can. And the different outfits don't have to be that big of a difference. Like, I could add a scarf or something. It doesn't have to be revolutionary. But we'll see how long that all lasts. To motivate myself, though, I'm going to try to document them here on the blog! Fingers crossed that this'll work out!

-Charlotte

P.S. Sorry things have been a bit quiet over here. It's been rather hectic trying to get ready and organized for school. 

007e
006e

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...