Wednesday, August 3, 2011

pillbox1

pillbox2

pillbox3

pillbox4

pillbox5

pillbox6

pillbox7
Hats: Made by me!

Hello, dear readers, I'd like you all to meet a very special friend of mine. This is Penelope. I found her recently, listlessly sitting in a corner of a beauty shop and figured she would be the perfect model for my new hats. Speaking of those, I made them. Oh yeah, be impressed. They are my children, except for the fact that they don't talk, scream, poop, or otherwise annoy me. (I don't do well with small kids.)
But I do care for them very deeply and would be very put out if one of them ever finally decided to finally grow up and leave the house.
But, moving on to how these children of mine came into existence. (Oh, no, not like that, you nasty people. Get your mind out of the gutter!)
You see, I found this pattern online on how to make a pillbox hat, and, being bored and having no social life as usual, I decided to make one. So, I went to Hobby Lobby, bought some felt, some bias tape, some ribbon, feathers, and a bar of chocolate, came home, and started to work. I made the first one in about 3 hours, with more than a few mishaps along the way. But, in the end, I figured it out and was able to produce my first hat! I almost cried from happiness and the pin pricks in my fingers. It was a very emotional moment, complete with instumental music.
And then, I became a hat-making fanatic. I was one of those people who lived in Hobby Lobby, who cowered when anyone came too close and who scuttled around the aisles, sniffing out my materials for my next project. Finally, it got to where the manager had to call security and have them remove me from the premises. It was a bit awkward.
But, I recovered and have again become as normal as I possibly can. And, that is my exciting, heart-wrenching, pathetic story that I had to share with you. I hope you all enjoyed it, and now, if you'll excuse me, I hear my hat-children calling.
-Blythe

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...