Friday, August 12, 2011

Lighting

043e
045e
048e
Top: Old Navy/ Pants: Local Boutique/ Shoes: Francesca's/ Bag: UO/ Bracelet: Gift/ Scarf: Gap

I never used to understand the importance of lighting. I always used to think it was just something that photographers talked about constantly, but to me, didn't make that much of a difference. I'm talking about subtle differences though--of course I could tell the importance between night and day and what not, but I didn't get the difference between noon and three p.m. I can safely say I do now! These pictures were taken in the very last minutes of sunlight since I got home way later than I expected, and so the lighting wasn't nearly as good as the ones in the last post. Sad face. I was rather proud of those. But there's always tomorrow, I suppose! 

This outfit was kind of a stretch for me--pink with red pants?! Honestly, when I bought these pants, I was a little wary of how I'd put outfits together that still felt like me, since I've never really gone for such bold color in the past. I was intrigued by this idea I'd had, though, of pink and red together, and felt like trying it out today. To make sure it wasn't too overwhelming, I included the blue scarf and silver shoes (even though it's ridiculously tempting to only wear my red Toms with these pants). And I'm surprised by how much I like it and by how well the purple bag fit. I think somewhere someone told me some time that purple and red shouldn't go together. I have no idea why those two aren't supposed to go together, but I strongly disagree. 

-Charlotte 

049e
047e

1 comment:

  1. I quite like this color combination! The blue scarf really breaks up the feeling of "Valentines Day" and makes it an outfit for everyday.

    I remember when I was first getting into photography and I was reading about lighting and I had the same thoughts "why does it matter?" and then I when I actually got out shooting, it made a huge difference. I actually learned to tell the time just by the looking at the sun. I think that's a trick that both photographers and boy scouts alike know. lol

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...