Monday, August 29, 2011

Musical Monday: If I Were A Boy

Here's the thing. I'm not really a huge Beyoncé fan. It's the genre, actually, that I'm not really a fan of, but I can't help but absolutely love this song. It's actually one of my all time favorites. The melody is so simple, but still very powerful, and so are the lyrics. The story told in this song is sad, but at the same time, it's beautifully eloquent. And, of course, Beyoncé has an absolutely incredible voice. I'm always blown away.


Can we also please talk about how genius this music video is? I mean, not only are all the situations perfectly choreographed, but I think having the entire thing in black in white was brilliant. In my opinion, it puts the focus is on the situation and the music, not the details. It's about the facts of the story being described. Or at least that's how I interpret it. 

What do you think? Do you like this song as much as I do? 

-Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...