Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yellow Shoes Theory

001e
003e
Top: Buffalo Exchange/ Lace Top and Shoes: UO/ Cardigan: H&M/ Jeans: Delia's

As much as I love this teal lace top, I have to admit that it's a little difficult to style. The neckline is really wide, so I've just been wearing it under cardigans until I figure out other ways to wear it. But I really like how this outfit with it turned out. It was actually a matter of luck! I almost always plan my outfits out the night before so I can just put that on the next morning and go, but one night I planned an outfit out, only to realize the next morning that it'd be way too hot and I'd burn up. So I had to come up with an outfit really quick on the fly, it was time to do laundry so I only had about three shirts and a few cardigans to work with, and I really really didn't want to mess up and repeat an outfit on something silly like a morning rush. But this is what I came up with and I love it! This lace top is a definite life saver when it comes to creating new outfits, since it can make a shirt look completely new!

I also realized that this is the fourth or something outfit in a row where I wore these yellow flats. And in the pictures I took today I was wearing these shoes, too! Sorry for all the repetition there, but I have to say, these shoes are some of my absolute favorite. They've made me come to believe that a muted yellow is the best color for shoes...they go with anything and can add a pop of color to an outfit to make it a little more interesting. Like with this one, I didn't want to just stick with dark colors, so I wore these yellow shoes! And I think they do add something unexpected or visually interesting...or that's my theory at least. 

-Charlotte
004e
002e

1 comment:

We love hearing from you guys, so please let us know what you think! All replies will be replied to on your blog. If you don't have/we can't find your blog, responses will be here :)
-Blythe and Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...